Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday Randomness...


I know it wouldn't seem like it but Lupe Fiasco is NOT my favorite rapper.... Nas is. ;) That being said, the anticipation of his album is killing me. I'm being bombarded with leaks... Tripping over them, Last.fm is even trying to throw them at me! But, I refuse to listen until tomorrow! Everyone should hit Best Buy, iTunes, Amazon, Tar-Jay, F.Y.E., Record & Tape Traders, Circuit City, Tower Records (does that still exist???), Virgin Megastore, whatever and wherever because it's Nas and it will be amazing. Or... If you're cheap or you hate Nas, download it and listen and enjoy or continue your hate. All I know is I can't wait for tomorrow!!!


For all of you who read/will read my post called "Dear Black Man" I wanted to clear something up. I do not hate black men... And that's the last time I'm saying that. I hate the relationships I've had with black specific black men... So yes, I did decide I won't pursue black men anymore. Pursue... Meaning, I won't initiate. Are we clear? How does a self-professed Lupe fanatic hate black men? This is my personal ad: I'm looking for... Well, not looking for but hopes that a Lupe Fiasco type (or how I presume Lupe Fiasco is) will come my way. DMXs, Ja Rules, Lil Waynes, Jay-Zs, Kanyes, Soulja Boys, and Eminems need not apply! (Nasirs and Black Thoughts are also acceptable.) If you are a Lupe or you know a Lupe, please send information and photos to
TheNewLisaTurtle@gmail.com
; it would be much appreciated!!! LoL.

Ohh, watch the PSA because it's cute and funny!
Ohh those boys are much too much!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was the cutest psa i've seen in a long time!

i hang my head in shame, b/c i've been listening to NAS for a month now :(

BUT

I will purchase one tomorrow, on GP of course

Jasmine said...

As long as you buy it!!! ;) When I really like an artist a lot, I try to ignore the leak! That's just me though! ;)

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i knew u aint hate me folk, or do u lol

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

I love that PSA totally AWESOME!!

Lots of anticipation of the formerly know as Nigger cd.

Hey one thing I noticed you say you weren't going to go after/pursue a black man. Girl don't pursue NO MAN let him pursue YOU!! If he digs you he will and if he digs you he will be all those things in a bag of chips. I wish I could say he would be Lupe too!!

-OG

Jasmine said...

Torrance, your baby cute!!!

OG... Be "pursue" I was being slightly coy. You know how us women do when we see one we want... We have methods of making them come to us. That being said, I will no longer use those methods towards the black man because I obviously suck and picking... Lol... But I would take my chance on Lupe. LAWD, I LOVE LUPE.

HNIC said...

I dunno... I feel kinda dissed by that dear black men post. You dont describe ANYTHING about me.... but lump me into the same category. and I think of myself as the general and average everyday black man.... ok only I grew up in the suburbs :)

my feelings r hurt.. can someone comfort me? pweese :(

Jasmine said...

hnic, I don't believe you're really hurt and I would explain to you why you shouldn't be but then I'd be breaking the promise I made to myself to not explain myself anymore. All I can say to you baby is, read the comments on the OG post. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love your personal ad...wonderful *no lil waynes, no eminems?! LMAO!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

that was above funny

amirah. said...

i love the joint about lil waynes&etc need not apply...lol...only the lupes...LOL!